Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ode to Sabrina






I've been so inspired lately that I thought I would stop and take a break to share a little of what I have been up to with you. Let's see a couple of weeks ago I drove to the city to go to Sabrina Ward Harrison's open studio! Yes, I know I tried to play it cool when I was actually screaming on the inside she is so talented, sweet and inspiring. This isn't the first time that I have met her as I have been to 3 of her book signings and took a Spilling Open workshop with her at her old studio in Berkeley. However everytime I am in her presence she just sets my creativity in overdrive. I had a great time and got a chance to also check out Scraps a creative re-use center for teachers, kids and artist which was so worth the trip. For a mere $3 bucks I got a vintage wallpaper book with some of the coolest papers inside I'm talking velvet vintage wall paper samples just yummy (I used a mustard floral print on the look within journal page above with the cool "Hambly" transparency on top). I also managed to walk out with a shopping bag full of art goodies papers, envelopes, mat board and more for just $2 bucks!! That was less than the tolls I had to pay up and back.

Since being in Sabrina's presense I started working on altering her latest book, "The true and the questions". I know if you are a Sabrina fan as most of us are you should definitely pull out your copy and get inspired. I admit I have another copy to keep on the shelf but I am cutting loose in this journal and it feels great! What can be cooler than doing a collaboration journal with Sabrina?

On Friday the Scrapbook Expo was in town where I got to finally see the Hambly paper company. Yes, I lost my damn mind there sheets are so cool and all silkscreened by hand. Ah more on that later......

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I found your link from your comment at Donna Downey's blog and just wanted to say that you definately do have it going on! Like your stuff...
Sharon
http://e14studio.blogspot.com

7:27 AM  
Blogger Walena said...

Well, Well, Well. This is what you have been up to. I was wondering where you were. I see you have been busy. I absolutely love it. I have this book and have been so inspired by your post. Go ahead Girlfriend!


Walena

2:53 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Hi Shelia, what a most amazing day!
It is wonderful to find a Muse.
And just as wonderful to gather
treasures for a song and a dance.
I'm enjoying your spirit!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home